Thursday, February 12, 2009

Slopes: take two

The second trip to the slopes in wonderful West Virginia started with much concern as we woke up to incredibly strong winds beating the rain against the windows. Definitely not ideal conditions for skiing. By the time we arrived at the lodge the wind had died down to the perfect speed at which the resistance was enjoyable for those treacherous slopes! ;) This trip was quite an accomplishment for me. I hit the green trail twice and then it was blue for the rest of the day! Believe it or not, but we conversed about the possibility of a black! :O Don't worry, my better half talked me out of it knowing that it was the end of the day, we were tired, and it's best to end on a good note. It was such a blast with great friends!

Another big accomplishment this week...I finished my first scarf! It's scarfs for Christmas 2009 all around.
It's been an amazing week! Spring is teasing us with bright blue skies and amazing sunshine. It's hard to stay grounded that it's only February. Jason and I have been able to hit the trail by the river this past weekend. With the luxury of not having anything pressing to to each day....I've been able to hit the trails all week with the exception of some rain and ferocious winds. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow! Spring can't come soon enough....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone skiing with you guys - I know you had a ton of fun!! I miss having my morning emails with you :o(