Monday, February 1, 2010

A Knit Hat and Soft Pretzels

Oh yeah! You read it correctly...a knit had and soft pretzels, both of which were made for the first time this weekend! I've gotten the hang of knitting scarfs and I really wanted to try to make a hat, so I did! I'm so excited! It has a custom 'Mistake Pattern' too! Now I can make sets of matching hats and scarfs! I just needs more heads to put them on! Volunteers...?

Tah Dah!! Your turn Mom! :-)

The soft pretzels were so much fun. We made garlic, cinnamon, honey, and salt. I think we're going to try and make a fun new recipe every Saturday morning. Next on our list might be dueling football helmets for the Superbowl party! I need to try out my lovely cake decorating kit. We have a whole list of experiments we're ready to try. Including those Giant Peanut Butter Eggs that everyone loves at Easter time.


I kneaded that lovely ball of dough! (by hand!)
Aunt Annie's got nothing on us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! I know someone who would just love it if you would make him some of those pretzels. Enjoy reading your blog.

Amanda said...

i volunteer! while u measure my nogan, we can make jewelry too!!!