June 12th - Beth Moore Conference in Pittsburgh. Several ladies from our church made the trip to volunteer and hear a wonderful message, we got to sit in the 2nd row. We were up close and personal with Mrs. Moore. It was a very moving conference and a wonderful time spent with the ladies!

Amanda, Danielle, and I (courtesy of the Smith blog)
June 20th - Church Yard Sale. Oh my, what a project... I really don't know if I could do that again. Linda and Irma were great instigators and my partners in this ordeal, just not sure how I got put in charge of the whole thing! ;-) Praise God, it went off with out a hitch! Without a hitch, not necessarily without rain. Never fear, the great handy work of Jason and Tristan hanging our signs drew the crowds in. We raised about $750 for the Dominican Republic and have several boxes of left over clothes and shoes headed their way! Special thanks to Ashley, what a trooper, thank you immensely for coming every day to help! I owe ya!

Tristan working hard

Inside the church

Outside in between showers...

Our wonderful check out girl!
June 27th - Wonderful bridal shower for Ms. Snider! It was a beautiful yellow and orange extravaganza! Us four girls from Morgantown made the twisty, windy trip and had a blast together. The way back was even more fun as we trusted Gretchen's instincts for a short cut and put the GPS away.
After the shower the Gingerich's hosted a wonderful insta-party! Yard games, music, food, and fun! We love our friends! Of course when the sun went down we took the party inside for some Sing star and Pit.

Frisbee retrieval...

Katie, me, and Amanda

Jason, Tristan, and Ditty (courtesy of Gingerich's blog)
July 4th - As always, Jason and I made the trip to Gettysburg to visit family. It's always so wonderful to see everyone. Sure wish we all lived closer. At the spontaneity of Dad we ended up steaming road side crabs. Thanks to Uncle Doug and his specific recipe! Ha! So much work, but good to eat. My cousin Kelly had to show me the tricks of the trade. ;-)
July 12th - Crossroads hosted a bridal shower for Ms. Snider. It was fun to have a group of ladies to encourage her and share in the last few weeks that led up to her special day! Don't you just love the cupcake ring!!! I have to brag, it's one of the few creative things I've done in the kitchen! ;-)

The cupcake rings!!

The bride to be!
July 25th - Pickin' Picnic! Oh what fun it was! It was so wonderful to see so much family and visit. We had a car full of Morgantowners join the picnic this year. So glad they made it! Weather could have been a little better, but having to hold the tents down was an experience. It was also awesome to be in the Old Mill for the first time. That was cool! Can't wait until next year. Last Saturday in July!
Bucher family in the Old Mill

Ditty, Gretchen (Baby) and Tristan

Shuckin' corn

Cornhole

(Dittenber and family's pictures)
August 1st - We had nothing going on.....can you believe it? Slept till noon!
August 8th - The Smith/Snider Wedding! It was so gorgeous! We had a great time being all dressed up and having a part of Kent and Danielle's special day. It was a good time hanging out with friends at the reception and smokin' up the dance floor! Unfortunately the only pictures I have of the entire event are our new blog photo and the picture of the centerpieces.
Gorgeous orange and yellow
You might have noticed the lack of pictures, especially of my own. Well, to change all that we bought a new digital camera Tuesday! FINALLY! I'm so excited to try it out and it's so compact, it'll be with me everywhere! Especially KEY WEST, FL this weekend as I go to visit my B.B.S.F. Jessica! Here's a shot of us trying out the smile detector feature.
Ops, he wasn't ready!
There we go! ;-)
Another long post....hope all is well!! xoxoxoxo
2 comments:
bout time BUCHER....bout time! ;)
I love that i knew about ALL of this cuz i was a part of most of it....but still fun to read your thoughts about the events!!! Don't wait so long to blog again...k?
LOVE YOU! PRAYING FOR YOU!
J!!!!!! How are you??? It's been forever, I have been trying to find you on any type of networking site, phwew, I found you. LOL. anyways, hit me back, i'd love to catch up with you!! I'm new to this blogging thing and trying to figure it all out. but anyways, use my email (cmckinne@uccs.edu) I hope we can catch up soon!!
Post a Comment