Wednesday, April 1, 2009

it's like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Tonight Jason and I set out on a sweet adventure. There was rain in the forecast but it turned out to be a beautiful evening so we decided to walk to Dairy Queen on the rail trail. This time of year is so wonderful; not too hot and muggy with a slight chill in the evening. Too early for bugs, but late enough for some flowers and a tint of green all around us!




We got a late start because of a quick detour to Chick-Fila for free chicken nuggets! I was much more motivated then Jason but the thought of an ice cream treat was enough to get him going. Things started out great, but about 100 yards into it someone....started questioning our ambition. Dairy Queen wasn't our ultimate destination because afterwards, we were truly only half way there, because we had to walk back.

But as I sit here now I can successfully report that we made it back as darkness was closing in. I indulged in a Banana Cream Pie Blizzard while Jason satisfied his sweet tooth with a Reese Blizzard. One nice surprise was a free extra Reese Blizzard because of a mix up on our order. Lucky us!! Jason is quite happy that the next walk for a Blizzard will only involve a few steps to the freezer.

Overall it was a wonderful adventure and Jason did enjoy our 4+ mile date!!

1 comment:

The Oylers said...

I MISS the Rail Trail, but at least my new neighborhood has sidewalks which are almost unheard of in Mo-Town...I hope you guys are doing well...P.S. we had mint-oreo blizzards the other day...I thought I had died and gone to heaven.